BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've had the updated ECU for SMG transmission in my Z4 for a week now. I've logged about 300 miles and I am very, VERY happy. The problems with it hesitating between 2nd and 1st gear are gone. Just in general, shifting has been quicker and smoother both in upshifting and down shifting. Shifting from R to 1st and back is alot faster. A couple of other people who have gotten the upgrade are reporting the same and the problem with it shifting from 2nd to N are gone. :driving

If you have an SMG in your Z4 and would like to see if you have the old ECU, just remove it and see if it has the blue dot sticker on the unit. If it doesn't, call your service dept and make an appointment. You'll be glad you did.

This link will take you to a web page that shows how to remove the ECU.

SMG ECU Removal Instructions

Happy trails!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I still want pics of your ride dude.. :thumbs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, a few pics of my baby......

And here is one of the booboo it got last week. i was on the LIE and someone in the middle lane kicked up a piece of metal that whacked off my mirror and door and then flew up and ping ponged off 4 or 5 cars behind me. :pissed2

She's going in next week for surgery

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
that thing is sweet

·
Registered
1 Posts
ECU upgrade

hi, I'm from Vancouver, Canada. but my car is from U.S. I used to live in Cali. I'm just wondering if the ECU upgrade is free in the U.S. because my z4 is 03, so the warranty is expired already. service is very very expensive here, and there is big price difference between U.S and Canada right now, because of the currency exchange rate. Can anyone answer my question? thank you!

Hallatauer said:
Ok, I've had the updated ECU for SMG transmission in my Z4 for a week now. I've logged about 300 miles and I am very, VERY happy. The problems with it hesitating between 2nd and 1st gear are gone. Just in general, shifting has been quicker and smoother both in upshifting and down shifting. Shifting from R to 1st and back is alot faster. A couple of other people who have gotten the upgrade are reporting the same and the problem with it shifting from 2nd to N are gone. :driving

If you have an SMG in your Z4 and would like to see if you have the old ECU, just remove it and see if it has the blue dot sticker on the unit. If it doesn't, call your service dept and make an appointment. You'll be glad you did.

This link will take you to a web page that shows how to remove the ECU.

SMG ECU Removal Instructions

Happy trails!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts