BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added an '03 Z4 to the stable and it has the DVD Nav system. Does anyone know if it is possible to tweak it to play DVD videos?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
there is no way to stick a video DVD in the navigation computer and have it play video on the screen. itd be nice if there was some hack or download to make it do that but there is nothing. Ive never checked on Z4 but I know on other BMW Models a video module is available for European models. because it is illegal in most US states to have TV in the front of the vehicle BMW does not make it an option here. Some people have imported parts from overseas in order to "retrofit" Televison and /or DVD capability howvwer it isnt a cheap or easy retrofit. if its something you want to do check BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Information or Nav-TV™ - Car Entertainment. Watch TV, DVD, or Satellite on your factory navigation screen. Navigation TV. and see what they have available for your model. Also you can check RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog to see if it lists a Video module for your car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tool,

That's what I was afraid of. :-(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts