BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'98 323is ... what is the difference between the two ratings, and which would you recommend? Also, deciding between Dunlops or Michelins, or maybe Bridgestone, which would you guys recommend?

I jsut bought Sumitomo's HTRZII (z rated), but the handling on these are terrible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
H rating is 130 mph and Z is 149 mph up. I run z rated on my Z28. I have used Kumho,Yokohama and GoodYear. A friend of mine runs michelins on his bimmer and loves them. I think that those are michelins.

·
Registered
107 Posts
im runnin michelins. i like em
im sure ud be fine either way, but i like z rated....although u usually dont go fast enuff for it to really matter

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I have all-season H rated michelins and they are wonderful. Before them I had goodyears. The michelins get my recomendation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:driving My advice would be Bridgestone RE950 or SO-3. You'll get the best combination of
price, tread life and handling. Buy Michelin if you want a better ride, greater cost, less performance.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
michilen Pilot sports, badass tire, handles extremely well and rides smooth as anything else I've ever road on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run
Yokohama ES 100
225/40zr18 88w
awsome tires quit and the handing is great
I have around 5k on them with plenty of tire left also check out tirerack.com

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts