BMW Werkz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just picked up a decent '91 318i (E30 body style) and been busy searching the forums for info on it. Got some issues with the car that I'm hoping to resolve soon.

Latahs,
Carib.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Welcome...post your probs, Im sure there's enough brains on here to help you out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks...

Thanks everyone. So far, been busy searching for info on my 'new' car. The issue I want to tackle first is with the steering. With the car standing still, if you turn the wheel either to the left or right, there seems to be an initial 'clunk' sound and then it turns smoothly.

Back to the search...

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Thanks everyone. So far, been busy searching for info on my 'new' car. The issue I want to tackle first is with the steering. With the car standing still, if you turn the wheel either to the left or right, there seems to be an initial 'clunk' sound and then it turns smoothly.

Back to the search...
Why don't you have someone turn the wheel while you lie under, listen & feel around to see if you can locate it.........feel around the steering rack, tie rod ends, control arms & control arm bushings......

jb :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.