BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 325i with a standard light setup (not xenon)

I see people selling the actual xenon bulbs very cheap on ebay and such, and was wondering what i need to do to upgrade to xenon lights.

Do i need to change the whole lamp unit, do the bulbs fit or is there some type of adapter.

If i have to replace the whole setup, what kind of money am i looking at and what is the best xenon bulb brand and color to use.

Also, how hard is it to replace yourself?

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
well, what do you mean by "xenon"? There are xenon/halogen bulbs that are xenon, but are not HID. High INtensity Discharge is what you see on the newer BMWs w/xenon. The ebay cheap ebay bulbs just have the gas and light up a slightly different color. To upgrade to HID, you need to buy an HID kit. You can also upgrade to ellipsoids, but you do not have to. my HID kit is from proxenon.com. $400 for 5000k color temp and 3400 lumens. For euro-spec ellipsoid projectors (reccomended), you are looking an addition $250-500. Installation is unplugging current bulbs and plugging in the new unit.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by hisaacs@Jan 10 2004, 02:53 PM
I have a 325i with a standard light setup (not xenon)

I see people selling the actual xenon bulbs very cheap on ebay and such, and was wondering what i need to do to upgrade to xenon lights.

Do i need to change the whole lamp unit, do the bulbs fit or is there some type of adapter.

If i have to replace the whole setup, what kind of money am i looking at and what is the best xenon bulb brand and color to use.

Also, how hard is it to replace yourself?

thanks for the help.
dont buy those bulbs. they dont look nearly as good as a HID kit. you can find those from 400. :yup

·
Registered
242 Posts
Get a set up like this little over $200 and all you need is spacing rings for 9006 fittment every thing will work projector is better but more $. good luck.
Yo by the way El Presidente you done with your mods yet??? post some pix Bro :beer

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
My HID kit is due in the mail thursday, but for some reason my projectors are h7, not h1. So I'll have to exchange them and wait yet another 2 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts