BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The xenon bulb burnt out on my driver side, 2003 325ci, so i replaced it. I turned the switch, and the bulb was fine. The next time I used it, it blew out again. What is causing this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced it with the same wattage of 35W, and it is the Eiko Brand made in Korea, which was available at O'Reilly Autoparts. The original was made in Germany by Osram.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. I was reading other threads, and it might be related to a bad ground, or problem with the alternator. Maybe I should just drive in the daytime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
might be a silly question are you handling the glass if i remember correctly oil from your skin can cause them to have a very short life

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I learned that it's not the bulb. The driver side light works intermittently. It's been doing this for the last several weeks. The light works for a given period of time, such as a week, and then it doesn't work for a few days. Then, it will work. Sometimes I turn on the lights, and the driver light goes off after a few seconds. I switched bulbs with the passenger, but it still did it on the driver side.

·
4DoorWhore
2,208 Posts
Either their is a problem with the headlight assembly, or the wiring. I would remove it and take a good look at the connectors and wiring inside it, and trace the wiring back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys, can recommend best xenon ligh bulbs and very cheap read more below link. I'm glad if can help you ...

Reactions: mdhira1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts