BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets start with the engine oil. We went on a 1500 mile trip with the engine oil levels at half to maybe 1/4. it could be a little less but i doubt it. I always keep a reserve quart in the trunk just in case i need it. Does an x5 usually use engine oil this fast. granted we were driving at 80 miles per hour but isnt that unusual.

when i am idling in drive, i hear this vibrating noise coming from the right front wheel area. can anyone guess as to what it may be?

also, this is the third time i get this sign: service engine soon

we got it fixed once and the mechanic said that a sensor for the exhaust system went bad and we fixed it. the second time we went and they guy said that it had something to do with the exhaust and that we will service the car, wasn't specific. it happened a thrid time when we went on that 1500 mile trip, but eventually it just went away. any idea on whats happening.

thanks everyone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take the vehicle to autozone to get free engining light check. Most likely the code is P0401 which mean you need to clean EGR valve and may also need intake maniford cleaned. Nothing serious just need to clean carbon deposite. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.