BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2104 28i X3 a few days ago and this morning was the first time I really took it on the highway. It still has the Pirelli run flat tires, I assume they came with the car new.

Trouble is, they follow every crack in the road and I find I have a difficult time keep the car in a straight line--it wants to go left or right about 80% of the time?

Anyone experience similar? Is it tires or a loose front end? This is my first Xdrive car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem, I had the car aligned but no help. I might try adding chamber plates and try to increase the chamber a bit. I believe it is set to be very responsive on the track but highway driving requires a lot of attention. I am used to it now after driving mine for 6 months but if I take my eye off the road it has a mind of its own.

·
Registered
24 Posts
X3 not driving straight.

Trouble is, they follow every crack in the road and I find I have a difficult time keep the car in a straight line--it wants to go left or right about 80% of the time?

Anyone experience similar? Is it tires or a loose front end? This is my first Xdrive car.

I have the same problem, I had the car aligned but no help. I might try adding chamber plates and try to increase the chamber a bit. I believe it is set to be very responsive on the track but highway driving requires a lot of attention. I am used to it now after driving mine for 6 months but if I take my eye off the road it has a mind of its own.
Is the car pulling to one side? The problem can be with the front struts, coil springs or bushings and not the alignment. A spring may be broken. I would not tolerate these symptoms. Three years ago, I did have problem with my X3 slightly wobbling during braking above 50mph. The right front disc was warped after only 10,000 miles. I replaced both front discs and the ride has been perfect for over 20K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't actually pull, however it will follow a road crack to either left or right and I have to correct it constantly, It actually makes me leave it at home sometimes if i am hwy driving. Thanks for your respons

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well, I am going to try a set of new tires, (it has the Pirelli run flats) and an alignment. If I can't cure this issue, she goes up for sale. I don't need a grocery getter, I need something I can feel safe on the highway with. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are a lot of different reviews about this car. In fact, there may be many reasons why the BMW X3 keeps an eye on every pit on the road. These may be old shock absorbers that need to be replaced. I don't see any other reasons, the car is powerful, it works perfectly. To solve this problem, you can contact the car service, where you will find and solve the problem. I have long dreamed of such a car and have been looking at it for some time. The full specifications of this car and its power I look at https://poweretty.com/. Thus, there is still a little more money to save up and I will get this car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I understand this car is not worth buying?
Au contraire. I would highly recommend or seriously investigate. My 2007 X3 3.0si which I purchased certified in 2009 for $27K with 32K, winterized package, GPS and rear camera is still going strong at 90K. I DIYed my discs, brakes, plugs, coils, oil and coolant when needed. No trouble or complaints here. One fender bender when a woman pulled an illegal left turn on a red light where I avoided serious damage thanks to the ABS. Only needed new left turn signal, head lamp and some paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts