BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2104 28i X3 a few days ago and this morning was the first time I really took it on the highway. It still has the Pirelli run flat tires, I assume they came with the car new.

Trouble is, they follow every crack in the road and I find I have a difficult time keep the car in a straight line--it wants to go left or right about 80% of the time?

Anyone experience similar? Is it tires or a loose front end? This is my first Xdrive car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem, I had the car aligned but no help. I might try adding chamber plates and try to increase the chamber a bit. I believe it is set to be very responsive on the track but highway driving requires a lot of attention. I am used to it now after driving mine for 6 months but if I take my eye off the road it has a mind of its own.

·
Registered
20 Posts
X3 not driving straight.

Trouble is, they follow every crack in the road and I find I have a difficult time keep the car in a straight line--it wants to go left or right about 80% of the time?

Anyone experience similar? Is it tires or a loose front end? This is my first Xdrive car.

I have the same problem, I had the car aligned but no help. I might try adding chamber plates and try to increase the chamber a bit. I believe it is set to be very responsive on the track but highway driving requires a lot of attention. I am used to it now after driving mine for 6 months but if I take my eye off the road it has a mind of its own.
Is the car pulling to one side? The problem can be with the front struts, coil springs or bushings and not the alignment. A spring may be broken. I would not tolerate these symptoms. Three years ago, I did have problem with my X3 slightly wobbling during braking above 50mph. The right front disc was warped after only 10,000 miles. I replaced both front discs and the ride has been perfect for over 20K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't actually pull, however it will follow a road crack to either left or right and I have to correct it constantly, It actually makes me leave it at home sometimes if i am hwy driving. Thanks for your respons

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well, I am going to try a set of new tires, (it has the Pirelli run flats) and an alignment. If I can't cure this issue, she goes up for sale. I don't need a grocery getter, I need something I can feel safe on the highway with. Thanks for your reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts