BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I'm going 30-35mph i start to hear this wobbling sound that goes like this: (wong wong wong wong) Yes it sounds just like its spelled...lol :unsure: it only happens at this speed. But i noticed that when i'm going top speeds of 65 mph (eg...fwy's) i noticed my car is kinda loud now. I'm not sure if its coming from the wheels, or the engine. Is it maybe because 318i's are just loud at top speeds and not as quiet as 325's? Perhaps something is wrong? Any suggestions would be helpful. :confused

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
you may have a broken belt in your tire. how old are your tires?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look like they have atleast 65-70% thread left. What do you mean by broken belt?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Sounds like the wheel bearings need replacing..

·
Registered
497 Posts
this is most certainly one of the hardest type of complaints to diagnose when you're not in person. It could be a wheel bearing, but (no offense skii) I think it might be more of a tire issue. But like I said, it could be both. It could also be many other things so with just "wong wong wong wong", I can't really give too much insight. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
how many miles are on the car??

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by EXtech@Sep 26 2003, 11:41 PM
this is most certainly one of the hardest type of complaints to diagnose when you're not in person. It could be a wheel bearing, but (no offense skii) I think it might be more of a tire issue. But like I said, it could be both. It could also be many other things so with just "wong wong wong wong", I can't really give too much insight. :)
No offense taken..just that I've know wheel bearings tend to make that kind of noise, but I trust your insight rather than mine EXtech!! You d man dude!! :thumbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts