BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced my relay with one that came in the mail today. Wipers are doing the exact same thing: parking vertically instead of horizontally. On the fastest setting, they work wonderfully, but on lower settings, where they park before wiping again, they just stick straight up, which is annoying, obstructing, and embarrassing when people see you driving around like that (thankfully we've had some great dry weather here, so I've been driving around with the relay taken out.)

Searched for some other threads around the forum and I've seen a few replies talking about switches on the wiper motor itself not contacting something. They also said it can't be fixed and that a motor replacement is needed.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot the motor itself? I haven't actually looked at it, but is it possible that it could just be some dirty connections?

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a mechanical switch inside near the motor assembly that controls this. There may be something bent or worn. I would check there first. The assembly is under the cabin air vent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts