BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two weeks in my 323i I just installed both front splash-guards and the Outside Air Thermometer. Had a beautiful drive (The BMW really drives like a dream). Heard windnoise from the right front window. Crank it up and hear a crackling noise. Coming home I try the window. It goes down a bit but will not go up again. I pull it up with the flat of my hands. At least that worked!! Do not know yet if it will stay up. But have to remove the side panel and see what is going on. Look in my Chilton book. Biggest problem maybe the airbag. Any suggestions are welcome.

· Registered
11 Posts
I forgot where I got the directions but it isnt that difficult. It is very time consuming however. The motor can be purchased on ebay for about $100. Just be careful and take your time. The airbag isnt that difficult to navigate by the way.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I do not think it is the motor. I can hear something moving in there, but not the window, so something seems to be unhooked. My Chilton manual says disconnect negative on the battery. Is that really necessary. Must one not rest the computer etc when re-connecting.

· Registered
11 Posts
I didnt disconnect the battery, but I was very careful in handling the airbag. And I didnt need a motor either; a clamp that holds the window was broken and I attached it with zipties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.