BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my window will go up every now and again. Or it goes up halfway and stops. Then I just pull it with my hand and press switch "UP" and it goes all the way up. I can hear the motor moving inside but the window won't go up. Any ideas? It goes down just fine. Sometimes it also makes popping noises when the window stops and motor continues for a second. Please help.

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
So my window will go up every now and again. Or it goes up halfway and stops. Then I just pull it with my hand and press switch "UP" and it goes all the way up. I can hear the motor moving inside but the window won't go up. Any ideas? It goes down just fine. Sometimes it also makes popping noises when the window stops and motor continues for a second. Please help.
Sounds like either a regulator issue & sometimes these plastic clips called (sliders) on the regulator wear & break, anyhow you have to remove the door card to check it out.

This link should help:

Doug's Domain :: BMW E36 Power Window Motor and Regulator DIY

jb :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.