BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for th reply, woobiee. My E36 has no airbags so It won't be a problem then :clap2

Did you mention this is a E30 steering wheel??? 'cause the post reads E36... hummm...

Thanks again,

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
im pretty sure its the E30 m3. but i wont be surprised if it would fit the e36.

alot of the steering wheels bmw make all can be interchanged. my 2000 e46 sport wheel can be fitted on an e36, the e46 m3 wheel can fit my 00 e46 3 series (which i have now). its when the airbag comes in that the problem starts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again, woobiee. Is it hard to exchange the steering? Will I need a special tool???

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
its not hard at all.

since you dont have an airbag, you will not need to disconnect the batter. (though i would still do it)

then you just unbolt the main bolt in the center. what i recommend you get is a torque wrench. when you put the wheel back on, it is important to get that bolt on right. i believe it was 59 lb or torque or something like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I decided not to purchase the steering wheel after all as it looked a bit bigger than what I'm looking for.

Your info on how many lbs of torque I'll need when I do get a replacement steering wheel will come in handy, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts