BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I go out to my car and start it up, the car hesitates to start for a few seconds after I turn the key...Well earlier i turned they key and it would not start at all. I tried it over and over and it never did work...Well I waited about 30 minutes then after that it cranked right up..Anyone have any ideas what this could be? thanks!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Did it make any noise when it wouldn't start (like clicking or something)?

Have you recently changed plugs or wires?

It could be something as simple as ignition switch going bad, or maybe your starter is on the fritz.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
maybe add some water to your battery? or maybe it's just about dead.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do not think it has to do with my battery because when it does start it isnt slow like a dead battery does, and no i did not hear any clicking when the key was turned..maybe it could be a bad starter? i know in my gmc truck when the starter went bad it would start very slow and make like a murmur sound and then start up, but when this one works it fires right up... :help

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by Scarface@Jun 19 2003, 01:42 AM
i do not think it has to do with my battery because when it does start it isnt slow like a dead battery does, and no i did not hear any clicking when the key was turned..maybe it could be a bad starter? i know in my gmc truck when the starter went bad it would start very slow and make like a murmur sound and then start up, but when this one works it fires right up... :help
Have the ignition switch, alternator, and starter checked out. I went bananas when I had a similar problem on another car. It turned out to be a bad ignition switch, which was good because it was cheap to fix, but still a ROYAL pain in the ass.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
this is a common problem for some BMWs. If its been hot or your starter is hot sometimes it wont work. Hold the key in start position and eventually it will turn over, even it sounds like nothing is happening.

Or pay to have it looked at and fixed, but beware it will usually happen again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts