BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there ANY point? i think cars shouldn't be able to go over 120mph, unless they're being tracked. there's no point, and i don't get why they advertise that they go this fast, like the jag goese 155 limited, who's going to go that fast? you can't go over 75mph in the U.S. so why make cars that do?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Because it's a selling point. Especially for the 18 - 30 male crowd (give or take).

Who braggs - "My car has a top speed of 80mph! I RULE!!!"

More like - "I chipped my car, got rid of the rev limiter, and now I top out at 175. I RULE!!!"

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Aug 19 2003, 10:02 AM
Because it's a selling point. Especially for the 18 - 30 male crowd (give or take).

Who braggs - "My car has a top speed of 80mph! I RULE!!!"

More like - "I chipped my car, got rid of the rev limiter, and now I top out at 175. I RULE!!!"
GreenDragon bringing sense into the world :bow2

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
just because the speed limit is 75 doesn't mean everyone obeys it, I've had my car about 152 and it was damn fun.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I hit a buck 20 on a road running parrallel with our small little airport.......that was fun....but the road seemed to be getting narrower the faster i was going....

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
hey greendragon where did you get your grill??

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
In places like montana and colorado there is some stretches of road that have no limit..and arent most of those cars, made in europe where in alot of places there is no limit...ie. autobahn (sp)*

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Aug 19 2003, 09:20 AM
is there ANY point? i think cars shouldn't be able to go over 120mph, unless they're being tracked. there's no point, and i don't get why they advertise that they go this fast, like the jag goese 155 limited, who's going to go that fast? you can't go over 75mph in the U.S. so why make cars that do?
It's called efficiency...

In Germany the average person that drives over 100MPH to commute has about 30 minutes to half and hour free time more than most Americans in ghetto ass rides when they have to commute over 100 miles...

That equates to At least 110 hours of free time to spend every year (Which can be used to fling poo, jerk off, paint squirrels blue, and cook dolphins in a tasty stew)....

In the US it's 110 Hours lost sitting behind fuckheads and morons driving 65MPH and less...

It's also the same reason why Allah created GreenDragon with a larger Schlong than the average person.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by L337E46@Aug 19 2003, 11:42 AM
It's also the same reason why Allah created GreenDragon with a larger Schlong than the average person.
:bow2 :coolspot :naughty

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by Asio+Aug 19 2003, 05:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Asio @ Aug 19 2003, 05:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-L337E46@Aug 19 2003, 11:42 AM
:bow2 :coolspot :naughty [/b][/quote]
All praise be to Allah. :rock

Asio - Got the grill from Nikis-Place.Com

I've been up to 110 - 120 ish. We all do it, for the heck of it too. Just like we only use 10% of our brains. Or, in my case, 2.5 % on a good day. The rest is being used to process my out of body experiences and categorize them by smell.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you go 155 and get caught, say goodbye to your car, and hello to jail for a few years. amazing how speeding and murder can get you a few years in jail.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Aug 19 2003, 04:58 PM
if you go 155 and get caught, say goodbye to your car, and hello to jail for a few years. amazing how speeding and murder can get you a few years in jail.
Yes and flinging poo while driving @ 155 adds a few years to your stay at federal pound me in the ass prison too. :wave :wave :wave

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Aug 19 2003, 05:58 PM
there are two types of people in this world, those that take risks and those who don't....which one are you?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by cam540+Aug 19 2003, 08:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cam540 @ Aug 19 2003, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donutchow@Aug 19 2003, 05:58 PM
there are two types of people in this world, those that take risks and those who don't....which one are you? [/b][/quote]
OHHHH SHIT PWn3D :laughhead: :laughhead: :laughhead: :laughhead:

BTW I take risks too... :wave

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
haha nice. i have been in the 130 range. i may do that with the M5 but only at the track.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
you may be singing a different tune when you have that M5 on the highway and you see five miles of open road up ahead.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I know! I have to exercise my human brain and tell myself tickets are bad mmkay.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by cam540+Aug 19 2003, 11:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cam540 @ Aug 19 2003, 11:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donutchow@Aug 19 2003, 05:58 PM
there are two types of people in this world, those that take risks and those who don't....which one are you? [/b][/quote]
a combination.

i've done 120

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by moadster@Aug 20 2003, 07:35 PM
The real reason is so I can do this...
:rock Need to see more!! :bow2

1 - 20 of 67 Posts