BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 325i 180,000 miles and 96 325is 122,000 miles. I can't afford to modify either one, but when I can, who do I mod?

Is the e30 cheaper to get performance out of?

How badly will I hurt reliablity on my new to me 96 if I modify it.

If I do modify what should I do on the cheap to get the best performance. I miss my Ms and I want acceleration back.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
e30 is much more expensive to get performance out of and much harder, almost no one sells engine parts for them. anything for e36 is relatively cheap and easy to find compared to e30, however e30s i think are much better modified.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree with Fox. e30s look best modified, it may be more expensive but looks so much better. :thumbs

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i'd say e36. e30's really shine in handling, but most would say e36's look better plus the 24v M50 is a great engine and should keep its reliability no matter what you bolt on to it. if i had a really high budget i would go e30, but realisticly you can probably get more out of an e36 for cheaper.

·
Registered
178 Posts
BMW's in general are hard to get much "cheap" hp out of as they are already tuned so well from the factory. I say just spend the money on the car you like best. Sounds like a personal decision to me. Simply chipping either car would give you considerable gains though.

btw, there are plenty of aftermarket parts for the E30, you just need to know where to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts