BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 7 series and read in previous threads about common problems which including "whirring noise from dashboard", unfortunatley didn't describe what the cause was or ultimate fix.

Can anyone advise as I am having the same problem. Sound normally comes on when I use the window defroster or the recirculation button....whirring sound comes on for approx 1-2 seconds, goes off for approx 5-7 seconds and then repeats itself, sounds like a small motor recycling. Have been told it could be the blower fan.

Can anyone shed more light on this since this appears to be a common problem associated with the 95 7-series.... :blink:

·
Registered
497 Posts
sounds to me as if you have one or more stepper motors going bad. There was an updated stepper motor replacement and related programming update at the dealer. check with a reputable local dealer and they should be able to tell you for sure. I'm almost 99% sure there was a bulletin out on that but it's been a couple years and I dont remember for sure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update, while my indy mechanic was changing out my alternator & water pump, he removed my dash and replaced the a/c blower fan.

no more annoying whrrrrrnnnggggg sound any more. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts