• 528i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so they probably cost the same used right now, since the 3 series holds it's value so well. which car would you choose? i might take the 5 series because it's a larger car, but still sporty. but i'm not really sure...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I voted for 3 series just because it is cheaper to maintain and there are more mods available

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
328 because of it's size. The 5 is too big of a car for me now. Maybe after I have kids and need to seem more 'grown up' I'd go with a midsize.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Depends on what you want out of it, but I say 5er. Ive always wanted an e39 and its probably what I will get after my car dies if I dont get a porsche 968. A properly modded 5er looks and sounds very mean, and arent nearly as common as the 3s.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
sooners 528 is really nice, but stock i dont really like the pre-2001 5ers. i'd say go with the 328, its a much funner car and doesnt need alot of mods for speed or looks, yet has many options available.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I say 5 series man. I dont see why 5 series is more expensive to maintain.

oil filter is more expensive? same engine anyway..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 12 2003, 01:59 AM
I voted for 3 series just because it is cheaper to maintain and there are more mods available
same here, 328 :driving

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
the 528 resale values ive seen arent too great for some reason. But I would probably choose a 528 over a 328. Yes,, it might be a bit slower but dude a 528 is mad pimpin when modded (correctly) Get those angel eyes with clears, crystal clear tails, new grill, etc, yummy!

·
Registered
736 Posts
5series is more high-class.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by [TMD]Kit@Jun 13 2003, 01:16 AM
5series is more high-class.
unfortunately, class isn't something you can buy.

·
Registered
736 Posts
i can buy c class, e class, m class, and s class. :joking:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i never see any 5 series with manual though, besides the 540. i can't beleive sooner found one, i've never seen one listed in the paper

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 12 2003, 01:46 PM
i never see any 5 series with manual though, besides the 540. i can't beleive sooner found one, i've never seen one listed in the paper
yeah there out there, the 5speed 528 still does 0-60 in 6.9, so thats not that slow for a bigger car. if you really got the money to mod then drop a E36 M3 engine in there and turbo it (just like the one in this months euro car mag). but if u dont got that much to spend then just get some angel eyes, wheels, M5 grill, and maybe later a M-tech kit

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Originally posted by MrM3+Jun 12 2003, 03:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrM3 @ Jun 12 2003, 03:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--donutchow@Jun 12 2003, 01:46 PM
yeah there out there, the 5speed 528 still does 0-60 in 6.9, so thats not that slow for a bigger car. if you really got the money to mod then drop a E36 M3 engine in there and turbo it (just like the one in this months euro car mag). but if u dont got that much to spend then just get some angel eyes, wheels, M5 grill, and maybe later a M-tech kit [/b][/quote]
i like the 3 better, but the 5 ouwld look better after modded.
if he really had the money though, whats to stop him from dropping the e36 m3 engine into the 328? wouldnt it be lighter and what not. and if he really had the money, he'd buy a better car. not trying to slam u, but just what i was thinking

·
Registered
95 Posts
5 series for me

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I faced that question 6 months ago.....I can't remember what I decided......oh yea. Any way, the 3 might suit you better, I needed a little more space for kids and 'stuff'. If you get a 5, I highly recommend the sport package. And even though it's not a performance mod, the angel eyes are my favorite thing I've done to it.
As for depreciaiton, it seems to me the sevens depreciate heaviest, the 5's 2nd and then the threes, until after about 7 years they are all pricing in the same ballpark.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts