BMW Werkz banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I'm in the market for a new Bimmer.

I've only had old ones.. a 2002, and a 91 318ic.. I loved them both.. Now it's time to step into this decade.

The contenders are these:

A) 2006 330i
-black on black
-6 speed
-24000 miles
-fully loaded with everything (Navi, bluetooth, sport package, the works)
-Price is $27000 - Certified but warranty expiring August of 2010.

B) 2007 or 328i Coupe
-black on black
-6 sped
-17000 miles
-not fully loaded, but with sport package
-Certified expiring April 2012
-Price is $30,000

It's a tough choice.. I really love the styling of the coupe, the price is a bit higher than i wanted to spend, but I can deal with it.

I also love the loaded factor of the 330i, and the 330i is more powerful right? Some salesperson just told me the 328i has more horsepower.. I have to look at the specs, but I could have sworn that doesn't make sense, and is incorrect.

What would you do? The 330i got amazing reviews, haven't really looked into the reviews of the 328i coupe, but I imagine they are just as good.

Would the 328i coupe be just as fast as it is probably lighter?

Confused, and excited, and well... confused. Please help.

Thanks,

Jeff

· Registered
909 Posts
I agree with ws, which ever you personally find more attractive go with. I would get the 228, I have personally never owned a coupe and that would push me to get that when so closely compared to the 330. Good luck on the decision.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, as far as value goes.. Don't you think that the 2008 328i with less options would be a much better resale than a 2006 with more options in a few years? Just another point to think about in making the decision.

There are so many sedans out there, and not as many coupes..

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Well, as far as value goes.. Don't you think that the 2008 328i with less options would be a much better resale than a 2006 with more options in a few years?
I almost think the resale on the Sedan might be better than that the coupe depending on where you live. Most people buy the sedan as a commuter/daily driver and they are more common. Resale value has too many factors too be 100% sure.

· Premium Member
12,082 Posts
I really don't think that sedan vs coupe makes any difference in terms of resale. It find the sedan more practical. I get to play less insurance because technically it is not a sporty car. Lastly, I don't think that there really are more coupes than sedans.

Good luck!

· Registered
30 Posts
The factory warranty (covers everything) for both cars should be 4 yrs/50K miles (starting at in-service date). At these prices, both cars should include the CPO extended warranty (does not cover everything) for an additional 2 yrs, up to 100K miles. Both cars should have some factory warranty left, plus the add'l two years of CPO. The HP of the 330i might be greater, but look at power/weight ratio also, i.e. if the coupe is significantly lighter, it might be quicker.

· Registered
96 Posts
i personally would go the coupe cause it is alot more unique than the sedan but thats just me, im having trouble choosing wat exhaust and body kit i want cause there might be someone else out there with the same one :D but yea its deffinetly a tough decision

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Picked up a 335i CPO about 10 days ago (Original post was awhile ago). It was funny.. I was on my way to purchasing the 330i, all excited.. My friend said, hey when you go to do the deal, take my 335i.. I said "sure!".. Long story short, I could not purchase the 330i after driving the 335i, major difference. The 330i is a nice ride, but it feels like a different animal compared to the 330i.

5 days later, after an obsessive search for the right 335i, I found her and paid the extra $ for what I wanted..

I probably would have been ok with the 330i, but the 335i ruined it for me, I would never be the same .. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.