BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share your V1 moments here!

Today here's what happenned:

Went up to Point Reyes to pick up oysters using Lucas Valley Road. On the way back I pass a pack of bikers. One of them sees me and gives a signal that a cop is ahead (waves arm in a downward motion while fingers are spread out). I'm doing 80 in a 55 zone while executing some high speed turns. Next thing you know I see a sign that says 35 mph located almost behing a bush (you can't see it if you're driving too fast). There's a Toyota Tacoma truck in front of me and he's doin 60mph+ in a 35 zone. another speed limit sign pops up and it says 25 mph. Next thing you know the V1 goes nuts with 3 Ka Radar threats ahead. I hit the brakes and slow down to 25 mph and the Toyota keeps chuggin on through. 200 feet later I see 3 California Highway patrols hiding along some treeline, one of them shoots out and chases down the Toyota Tacoma. I pass by the speedtrap and laugh to myself as the officer pulls over speed racer.

It's nice to have a V1 :thumbs

S

·
0 Posts
Actually it savved my ass thursday afternoon, i was driving down to philly in pursuit of a 911TT that was traveling 90+ and i wanted to use him as cover....and all of a sudden my hardwired V1 just lit the fuck up, intestinty growing increasingly stronger, i slammed down to the speed limit and hoped in the right lane, the porsche mustve knew something was up and slowed down to 70....hiding to the right right after a bridge support (the trickiest place to hide) was a PA State Trooper in a Crown Vic....

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 7 2003, 06:06 PM
Actually it savved my ass thursday afternoon, i was driving down to philly in pursuit of a 911TT that was traveling 90+ and i wanted to use him as cover....and all of a sudden my hardwired V1 just lit the fuck up, intestinty growing increasingly stronger, i slammed down to the speed limit and hoped in the right lane, the porsche mustve knew something was up and slowed down to 70....hiding to the right right after a bridge support (the trickiest place to hide) was a PA State Trooper in a Crown Vic....
which radar band did the V1 read?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
And what the hell is an 'intestinty' ?? :sprint:

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by L337E46+Jun 7 2003, 10:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Jun 7 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW@Jun 7 2003, 06:06 PM
which radar band did the V1 read? [/b][/quote]
Ka.....thats generally what they use aroud here

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Ski@Jun 7 2003, 06:32 PM
And what the hell is an 'intestinty' ?? :sprint:
intensity is the strength of the radar signal, it usually gives away how far away the radar is :thumbs

It's the Led bars below the letter A :thumbs

Attachments

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unlit pic:

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
lol i spelled it wrong, that was what ski was saying....john...your digital camera wouldnt have happened to set off the lasar dectector? because mine does!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 7 2003, 07:16 PM
lol i spelled it wrong, that was what ski was saying....john...your digital camera wouldnt have happened to set off the lasar dectector? because mine does!
lol nope not at all Jeff I have a Sony digicam, Nikons usually set them off :thumbs

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by L337E46+Jun 8 2003, 12:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Jun 8 2003, 12:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW@Jun 7 2003, 07:16 PM
lol nope not at all Jeff I have a Sony digicam, Nikons usually set them off :thumbs [/b][/quote]
yea i used to have a canon s40, but i left in in georgia at the masters, so i occiasnally use my moms nikon coolpix of whatever it is...its ok

S

·
0 Posts
a few pointers fatty...the higher up the radar detector is mounted, the more the detector can "see" the road and the radar (thats why our hardwired v1s are just below the factory tint line....

oh, and V1 PWNZ J00z!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 8 2003, 02:23 PM
a few pointers fatty...the higher up the radar detector is mounted, the more the detector can "see" the road and the radar (thats why our hardwired v1s are just below the factory tint line....

oh, and V1 PWNZ J00z!
cheers. :thumbs
i will have to move it later.....

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i'd liek to get one, it's a good thing i know what every car looks like 3 blocks away so i can slow down in time.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 8 2003, 09:14 AM
i'd liek to get one, it's a good thing i know what every car looks like 3 blocks away so i can slow down in time.
:werd:

S

·
0 Posts
i just pretend i dont have a radar dector, and just use my eyes as much as possible, and the radar is a back up

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It saved me a number of times this last weekend.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 23 2003, 05:36 AM
i just pretend i dont have a radar dector, and just use my eyes as much as possible, and the radar is a back up
that's what i do, of course, i don't have a radar detector yet. maybe someday. haven't gotten ticketed yet, but did get let go with a warning for going 80 on a 75 limit. <_<

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
here in Iowa the roads are nice and flat......i have yet to see 1 copper on the highway, actually i have seen 1 but he was exiting...i had the displeasure of driving a buick rental (my dad was sick of driving it so he let me, i only have my learners so any time i can drive is fun) when you are used to driving Volvos among other european cars driving an american car just made me want to cry. my back hurt (3 hour drive) and the seat felt like cardboard....but harder. Wood would have been softer....anyway i had to almost floor it to get up to 80 :( steering wheel felt very loose :nope no one should have to go through that, felt like a frekin boat

fun to be able to see 1 or 2 miles ahead (its that flat) no place for cops to hide on those highways (Chicago to Iowa) so really you can go as fast as you want....i was at 95 for a few seconds (not in the buick) but my mom freaked so i had to slow down.... :nope wanted that damn 100...i'll have it one day

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have a whistler hard wired and i want the V1 in it's place: will the power adaptor (the plug) be the same for the V1? anyone know? can you read me the AC/DC settings next to the power plug on the V1 unit?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts