BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got these new wheels (not rims :rolleyes: ) today, but i want to put a wax on the wheels so that dust and debris atleast come off easier when i wash. Ive eve heard that you can use "pam". that scares me though. what do you guys use?

·
Sodium Chloride
3,762 Posts
i probibly wouldnt trust pam... wouldnt trust a cooking spray on my car haha but yea i really dono what to sugest to you... maybe mothers brand, i heard is good to get the blacks to the blackest so maybe they are good for tire waxes also?? i dono

·
Sodium Chloride
3,762 Posts
RexKing86 said:
do you think using regular car was would work? probably couldnt hurt right?
i would use something that is made for what you are looking for... just goto peb boys and see what they got... i wouldnt use regular wax because you dont know how it would act, and the last thing u want to do is dry out the rubber on the tire because then it will crack and be prone to leaking...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use NuFinish...

On my wheels and have had great success. It will last quite a while. In between waxing I use the Turtle Wax Express Shine in the green bottle..

I would suggest a set of Axxis Deluxe Plus brake pads for your car if you really want to get rid of the brake dust. My brother has them on his Z Coupe Roadster and the difference is amazing. I just bought mine from Dave Z. here: http://www.zeckhausen.com/axxis_pads.htm

Total cost was $94.00 shipped for front and back...

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Try using mother's polish, or anything from BILLET polishes works. I'm waiting on a can of polish from that new nano-wax stuff from eagle one, let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One of the best products I've used on wheels is Collinite Insulator Wax. Available from Autogeek Dot Com. It's a sealant with hi-temp resistance properties.

Wheel Wax is also good, but Collinite is extremely slick in finish and makes wheel maintenance easy. It's also good for any painted surface, especially in the winter.

Toto

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
I have Axxis pads on the 540. The lack of brake dust is amazing--none at all. The only problem is that the stopping power is decreased. The brakes also fade quickly under heavy use. Not a pad for consistent spirited driving.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
M3UOND said:
I have Axxis pads on the 540. The lack of brake dust is amazing--none at all. The only problem is that the stopping power is decreased. The brakes also fade quickly under heavy use. Not a pad for consistent spirited driving.

Then why do they make them for BMW's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Wheel Wax for the first time on my new 335i sport and it has done a great job. It makes washing off the brake dust quick and easy. It takes very little time to apply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Applying pam on tire

Applying 'pam' on the tire is not trustworthy, whereas applying wax on tire not only resist dust and other harmful elements but also protect them from UV light that break down the tire surface.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts