BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently bought a 97 328iS, i absolutely love the car

i am looking at wheels but don't plan to buy until after winter

what size wheels do people run on the e36?

would 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 wheels with 225/45 and 245/45 tires fit on my car without modifications?

my car is bone stock

thanks for any info

Bill

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fat tires kills your P/steering pump 18" looks good works ok but too heavy for for your drive shift and when you hit a pothole is GAME OVER. Go with 17" can't go wrong. :yup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I have some 18" MASItaly rims and they constantly hit the wells. I think I may get stiffer suspension and see how that works.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by CyPHER@Nov 27 2003, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I have some 18" MASItaly rims and they constantly hit the wells. I think I may get stiffer suspension and see how that works.
Make sure you get the right offset bigger is not always better all OEM rims are about 20-35lbs and the 18s you got is probably over 45lbs each that’s extra 10-15lbs the axel has to carry and the wide tires puts a lot of stress on the Power steering pump. :nope
I had some big ones on before when I turned and hit a bump at the same time the inner fender cut a piece of my tire off and bend the fender out some too. So inclosing don’t put what you think looks good on the car put what’s right on your BABY!!! :yup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts