BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving down motorway,and the whole wheel assembly hub came away,nearly caused me death with my children,on inspection wheel nuts were still attached to the main hub.Any ideas on who is responable,bmw,mot centre,or my self as this must be adressed properly as it couid cause danger to someone else,please reply with a possible explanation on this cause :nope :nono

·
Registered
92 Posts
That has nothing to do with the wheels being tight or when they were last removed. Was it the right wheel?

Basically if you had a wheel bearing replaced, the large center nut might have not been torqued properly (very high torque), or the center nut was not crimped so it couldn't unthread itself.

OR (if it was the right wheel)

You had a really old wheel bearing and it seized and just unthreaded nut off the spindles.

Glad to hear you're ok though. It's something I checked out on my car right after I bought it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Had the rotors been replaced recently? Sounds like the fault of the mechanic... Scary stuff to have your wheel unscrew it self and roll off without the rest of the car...
I didn't torque my wheel bolts enough and *FOUND* a bolt from one of my wheels in my school parking lot.... Didn't notice a vibration (since it's so close to the point of rotation) [even at 100 mph] and I thought that the bolt sitting in the middle of the lot looked like one of my bolts, it was until I got home a few days later and looked, sure enough it was missing...

Scary stuff.... Glad everything's all right. How much damage was done to the car from the resulting... well... Sudden loss of vertical support?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Originally posted by bitcore@May 3 2004, 08:34 PM
Had the rotors been replaced recently?
I don't see how replacing rotors would cause this, the whole hub came off. You don't ever need to touch the axle stub bolt that holds the hub when replacing rotors.

·
Super Moderator
5,370 Posts
That is a disadvantage of light metal / alu rims; they easier can be loosening itself. In fact a mechanic had worked on your car; I think it's his fault. A dealer or mechanic isn't responsible for the accident so far as I know, because you shall have loosened the wheel after the repair of your car. :nope

·
Registered
92 Posts
Originally posted by dutchbmw@May 5 2004, 01:18 PM
That is a disadvantage of light metal / alu rims; they easier can be loosening itself. In fact a mechanic had worked on your car; I think it's his fault. A dealer or mechanic isn't responsible for the accident so far as I know, because you shall have loosened the wheel after the repair of your car. :nope
Guys, the wheel didn't come off the hub.....

The hub came off the stub axle, it has nothing to do with the wheel being properly tightened. The wheel was still attached to the hub, the bolts were still holding the wheel to the hub. The wheel AND hub came off.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Easy now...easy....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by dutchbmw+May 6 2004, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dutchbmw @ May 6 2004, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thinair@May 6 2004, 01:22 AM
Guys, the wheel didn't come off the hub.....
I'm really sorry for not accurate reading. Shoot me :guns :thud :cry [/b][/quote]
Let me know where you are and I will do the honors with my Tango. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
bastards :confused

:joking:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I hate it when people make generic posts and don't follow up on them. This is one of those threads and it sucks. :f-u who ever you are for starting a gay thread. And if you want more help on this, please explain , what car you were driving , how old it is? what kind of services have been done on it? has it even been in a fender bender before? is it salvaged title? how fast were you driving? conditon of the road and etc.

PS: Thinair, I was agreeing with you. Now where is my shotgun :yup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was doing 65mph the car has 120k on the clock the tyre was changed month before but as you say if the hub came off then its not the mechanics fault its a bmw fault so does that answer your question you gay fuck :banghead theres always one mupopet of a bmw driver and thats you i dident reply to the post as my pc wasent working dick cheese, fuck you and your mother and her brother sister, cat dog and sheep thanks to all the rest of you guys for the help and kind words regards nige!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Originally posted by nigel rourke@May 13 2004, 06:20 PM
i was doing 65mph the car has 120k on the clock the tyre was changed month before but as you say if the hub came off then its not the mechanics fault its a bmw fault so does that answer your question you gay fuck :banghead theres always one mupopet of a bmw driver and thats you i dident reply to the post as my pc wasent working dick cheese, fuck you and your mother and her brother sister, cat dog and sheep thanks to all the rest of you guys for the help and kind words regards nige!
:lmao2 :yezfunny :lmao2 :clap2 well said! Hey rogue, i've noticed in other post's that you have a short hot temper. You should relax brutha, don't want you to pop a blood vessel or something. :nana

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
:yezfunny The pick sums it up. We need to all take a breather from this and :cheers . R E S P E C T tell you what it means to me....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks for cursing at my entire family. It just shows how intelligent you are. HMM, next time you can come to my house and shoot me for I am about to make a comment on .... ............. Well never mind, you might curse at my forefathers this time.

PS: No one is getting mad here. I usually try to have fun with my posts but some people just don't get it. Remember controversy draws more attention. And any attention is good attention.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts