BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been answered 1,000,000 times before, but what size wheels will fit on a stock E46? I just got one and it has 19" M3 wheels. The guy i got it from said that he had put the back wheels on the front because they rub on the back. What's on the back is 235/35/ZR19 and 275/35/ZR19 on the front.

Maybe they will fit with a minor fender roll or something? Need to change it ASAP, looks a little silly with wide tires on front.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well instead of just sitting around wondering, I went out and switched all the wheels. They DO NOT fit. I'll post pics later. They are close, and I think with a fender roll they will fit. They rub over bumps, and if turning with any speed. Gonna see if anyone around here can do it.

· Premium Member
12,082 Posts
The problem is with the offset. Offsets from around +35mm to +45mm work on the E46. The offset for teh M3 rear wheels is about +21mm or so if I remember correctly. Your best bet is to sell those wheels. Or at least sell the rears and get two more front ones.

Some people will suggest spacers to make it work, but I am biased against that.

People often ask whether they cab fit stock E46 m3 wheels on their non-M3 E46 -- the answer is, the fronts will fit, but not the rear ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.