BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately have been hearing a loud WHOOWHOO noise in the rear ( left back tire followed) by a clicking clacking!
took it to my shop they said wheel bearing no doubt
but they dont know about the click clacking mechanic said not to worry but i still would like to knw?

anyone know where to get good bearings at good price?
and should i replace both:rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
well you can either buy the bearing or the complete wheel hub, its easier to replace just the wheel hub and about the same price, you might want to check Ebay they have pretty good prices and they are good thats where i got mine, and yes you should replace bouth so you dont have to replace it later, oh and i forgot you need a 46mm socket but watch out it cant be too thick or else it wont fit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hi. i got the same problem on my 328i. is there 2 bearings on each side? ie on the n/s is there an outer and an inner bearing race? i'm going to replace my discs pads and handbrake shoes too while it's all in pieces. is replacing the bearings a hard job?

·
Registered
7 Posts
its not too hard if you got a press you can do both in a couple hours just be sure to remove the hidden snap ring on the bearing or you'll break it dunno bout your model on mine there was only one bearing a wheel in the rear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts