BMW Werkz banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
(Maybe) an answer about the Green Light....

Hi... I hope this helps.

I just joined this site and happen to see this question in the forum.

I don't know if you have figured out what the green light is, but I may be able to help.

I read (I believe it was in the Haynes Manual) that before 1987 the e30 had a light that came on to notify you that you needed to replace the oxygen sensor. It also stated that once the light came on it could not be turned off. They said you had to remove the bulb and leave it empty. Sounded like a big nuisance to me. I guess that's why they got rid of it.

So... if your 325 is an '86 or earlier that might be what that light is. If it's an '87 or beyond, then I'm as much in the dark about what the light is as everybody else. :D

Pete
'87 325iC
'88 325is

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
uhohink said:
Hi... I hope this helps.

I just joined this site and happen to see this question in the forum.

I don't know if you have figured out what the green light is, but I may be able to help.

I read (I believe it was in the Haynes Manual) that before 1987 the e30 had a light that came on to notify you that you needed to replace the oxygen sensor. It also stated that once the light came on it could not be turned off. They said you had to remove the bulb and leave it empty. Sounded like a big nuisance to me. I guess that's why they got rid of it.

So... if your 325 is an '86 or earlier that might be what that light is. If it's an '87 or beyond, then I'm as much in the dark about what the light is as everybody else. :D

Pete
'87 325iC
'88 325is
No its not a light for the O2 sensor. All BMW warning lamps that advise you there is a problem with your car or servicing needed are red or amber/yellow in color.

After looking at the pics I suspect the light is for the euro cars where you used the turn signal with the car off to light up the parking lights on the side of the car that you turned the turn signal towards. The green light is probably a reminder that the side marker lights are on. So if you took out the cluster and did some work on it with the bulbs out I suspect that you put a bulb into the wrong spot. Make sure all your normal lights will turn on when you first turn the key on.

·
77th Gear Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Actually, I JUST got my new digital camera (Canon Powershot SD-550, oooooooohhhhhhh!) and I will take a pic of the light before I head home today! I haven't dug into the cluster at all with regard to lights. I just smacked the cluster one day to get my fuel gauge to work (something I do once or twice a month, my whole cluster needs to be replaced as there is a HUGE amount of corrosion on all the circuit boards inside) and boom, there was the light!

I have to say, I really appreciate the fact that this board is FULL of tenacious and dedicated bimmerheads, because this thread would have long ago died on some of the other boards!

Thanks all!

Josh W.

·
Festivus yes, bagels no..
2,991 Posts
325eXTATIC said:
...and boom, there was the light!...

Wait theres actually a light in it?? That's weird, because when I pulled my cluster and looked there WAS NOT a bulb in that slot...just an empty spot. Like I said before I shined a light through it and there was that <--> turn signal look alike. Maybe some one removed the bulb years ago.....hmmmmm...

·
Teh Peetsa Gai
3,478 Posts
... and how many licks does it take to get to the chewy center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world may never know...:confused:

·
Festivus yes, bagels no..
2,991 Posts
ldsbeaker said:
... and how many licks does it take to get to the chewy center of a Tootsie Pop?

"one....twhooooo....three. Three"

whoever can tell me which character from that commercial said that, I'll give you a nickel....

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
yammahamma said:
"one....twhooooo....three. Three"

whoever can tell me which character from that commercial said that, I'll give you a nickel....
The owl.

·
Teh Peetsa Gai
3,478 Posts

:lol: :lol: :lol:

/hijack:D

·
77th Gear Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Well, there she is, for what it's worth! SEE, I TOLD YOU I'M NOT CRAZY!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go dip the Yak in milk and shave my tongue with the dull side of a carp!

Josh W.

Attachments

·
77th Gear Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Okay, maybe I am crazy afterall... Pic no workie... ARGH!!!

I will figure it out when I go to work...

Josh W.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts