BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while I was working with the body shop to repair my from bumper and replace it with a bumper from EuroCreations (which doesn't fit) I found this part hanging down. None of us could figure out what it is or does. My guess is something to do with the airbag.

From the pics I've posted, does anyone know what this is and where it's supposed to go? It looks like it pops into something, but we can't find a place.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm, that's not what the OBC temp sensor on an OBDII looks like, and it's in the driverside brake duct.

Anyone else have any guesses?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This isn't really all that informative of a forum anymore. It seems like all the guys that knew there stuff are gone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is your temp sensor that is used for the heated washer jets. Think it is also used for the internal temp reading.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Actually I have never heard of a heated washer jet. And yes that goes in the driver side brake duct for the OBDII cars. There is also another sensor that I couldn't figure out what the hell it did in the passenger brake duct.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the driverside is for the OBC. I guess I'll just wire tie it back up when we put the bumper back on. It was just hanging when we took it off.

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
I couldnt load the pictures, but from the thumbnail pics I see, I dont think it looks like my outside temperature sensor at all. Mine (1989 5 series) is in th epassenger duct. Mine was hanging too but I jus zip tied it back up I cant afford the sensor needle anyways.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, the OBC temp sensor is a square unit that tapers to a point. I've looked in my service manual, and a few part finder sites online but still can't seem to find anything.

There is a number next to the BMW logo, 8 357 632, but I can't find anything when I look that up.

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
It's a "thermal switch" ... and has something to do with "heated washer jets" that swindon matt uk mentioned. I learn somethign new everyday. You can't really notice the warmer water with your bare hand, butwill notice that they work on icy days where they jets easily disperse ice.

Good Call SWINDOW MATT UK!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts