BMW Werkz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me if this noise is from the gearbox or from a pending nuclear detonation? i'd like to run this setup in my car so my wife will never drive with me again and bitch about me driving to agressively

· Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Straight cut gears.

Maybe you can acquire some somewhere for the e36, although it would be expensive as all hell ... that and for a daily driven car, it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense.

· Premium Member
14,769 Posts
yeah i was kidding Torque wild sound just wondering what it was
Eh you never know; I know a lot of people with Subarus get straight cut gears (like 1-3 and leave the stock 4th, 5th and 6th if they have it) ... ability to take massive power and launches without breaking anything and you still get to cruise in the quiet on the highway.

· Premium Member
14,769 Posts
interesting to know what he has under the hood, i notice the car is a 320 so i'm assuming he's running a different motor
It's a S42B20 ... sort of like a racing version of the M42 we have in our cars.

By the end of it's usage term, it was up to 315hp, from a 4 cylinder, 2 liter! Shame they never made anything like it for road use.

You can read more about it here: BMW M42 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.