BMW Werkz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone post pics of one, does it looks like a soap bar, do you just rub it on the car and then wipe it off like you do wax? and how is it different from wax?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
its the opposite of wax...it looks like a soap bar...you spray the lubricant (a quick detailer) thats included with the bar....spray the lub on the car, use up and down motions, until you dont feel any more "grit" being removed with the car, whipe the rest of the spray off, and SHIZZOBAM! it feels like it just got waxed cause its soo smooth, but beware, the clay bar removes everything down to the clearcoat, so make sure you follow up with a wax....btw clay bars are totally safe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you do it before waxing and after washing the car? i've never seen one before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+May 30 2003, 04:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ May 30 2003, 04:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--donutchow@May 30 2003, 06:16 AM
so you do it before waxing and after washing the car? i've never seen one before.
http://www.mothers.com/detailguide/tip29.html

theres the one i use....you should: wash, clay, polish, wax....skip polish if you dont need too [/b][/quote]
true dat!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I use the exact same clay bar, and it is amazing :rock
It will lift off every little piece of dirt and grime that may be left behind after washing.
Good for removing tar and things like that too.

I actually clay bar'd my whole car earlier this spring, then gave it a good waxing!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 30 2003, 05:36 PM
spray the lub on the car, use up and down motions, ...
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :laughhead:
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon+Jun 19 2003, 08:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreenDragon @ Jun 19 2003, 08:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW@May 30 2003, 05:36 PM
spray the lub on the car, use up and down motions, ...
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :laughhead: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: i didnt get that till now! :wub:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 19 2003, 06:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 19 2003, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 08:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW
@May 30 2003, 05:36 PM
spray the lub on the car, use up and down motions, ...

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :laughhead:
:lol: :lol: i didnt get that till now! :wub: [/b][/quote]
Speed REALLY loves his car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can you buy them at autozone and stores like that? maybe i should look into one, are they 5 bucks or so?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 19 2003, 09:18 AM
can you buy them at autozone and stores like that? maybe i should look into one, are they 5 bucks or so?
i thought they were a little more, since it comes with a lube, and the bar, and the mothers bar i bought came with some wax
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 19 2003, 08:31 PM
... i thought they were a little more, since it comes with a lube, and the bar, ...
:rofl :rofl

Sounds like the 'Stripper's Starter Kit' :laughhead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
D'Oh!!! posted twice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Jun 19 2003, 07:43 AM
D'Oh!!! posted twice.
:werd: :werd:
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by AZ325Ci+Jun 20 2003, 01:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZ325Ci @ Jun 20 2003, 01:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--GreenDragon@Jun 19 2003, 08:43 AM
D'Oh!!! posted twice.
[/b][/quote]
haha ski should add that one :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
I clay bared my car for the first time last week....

I was dissapointed... After I clay bared it felt smooth but then when I waxed it... It was just like when I JUST wax it....

see what im saying... 15 bucks 30 hour of labor for what.... and that little bar thing feels more like a hard playdough. and you can't reuse it cause I put it into a ziplock bag and the danm thing dryed up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 29 2003, 04:32 PM
I clay bared my car for the first time last week....

I was dissapointed... After I clay bared it felt smooth but then when I waxed it... It was just like when I JUST wax it....

see what im saying... 15 bucks 30 hour of labor for what.... and that little bar thing feels more like a hard playdough. and you can't reuse it cause I put it into a ziplock bag and the danm thing dryed up
u can reuse it... i keep it in a sealed air tight freezer bag
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top