BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its Christmas time again, and the parents are asking what I want. I told them paint the front end, but that's not gonna fly. So I'm defaulting to headlights. I'm looking for something bright and with the angel eyes that would go well with the green I have. any suggestions?

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
DJ Auto or Depo ... it's a tossup between the quality really; DJ Auto is probably only slightly better.

Get them from DDM - they come with HIDs either way.

edit: either way get clear Lamin-x to go over them to keep rocks and what not from shattering the glass.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply torque, I've done loads of research today and come to settle on the DJ Auto lights from DDM HERE. I'm thinking of getting the 8000k HID, 55w DDM bulbs as well. 8k should create a soft blue hue to accent the green of the car but without the rice look of higher kelvin ratings (I hope). As for the angel eyes, from the majority of the BMW community, the CCFL lights while they are bright and create a more "clean" looking light, they seem to have a high failure rate and are overshadowed by the newer, more efficient LED technology. I'm thinking about purchasing the DDE Thin-line eyes with the lights, any suggestions?

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Thanks for the reply torque, I've done loads of research today and come to settle on the DJ Auto lights from DDM HERE. I'm thinking of getting the 8000k HID, 55w DDM bulbs as well. 8k should create a soft blue hue to accent the green of the car but without the rice look of higher kelvin ratings (I hope). As for the angel eyes, from the majority of the BMW community, the CCFL lights while they are bright and create a more "clean" looking light, they seem to have a high failure rate and are overshadowed by the newer, more efficient LED technology. I'm thinking about purchasing the DDE Thin-line eyes with the lights, any suggestions?
8000k will be too ricerish IMO. I had 6000k on my e34 and even that was too blue ... 5000k is best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts