BMW Werkz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what cdv ( clutch delay valve ) to buy? If the one from bavarianauto or the one zeckhausen ?

I had installed the one from bavarianauto on my 325I, and I really don't see the difference while shifting....still having that bump and long push to get a good shift.

Have anyone had the cdv from zeckhausen installed? Let me know the esperience with it.

Thanks

· Registered
863 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what cdv ( clutch delay valve ) to buy? If the one from bavarianauto or the one zeckhausen ?

I had installed the one from bavarianauto on my 325I, and I really don't see the difference while shifting....still having that bump and long push to get a good shift.

Have anyone had the cdv from zeckhausen installed? Let me know the esperience with it.

Thanks
I bought mine from Zekhausen for my 330Ci Zhp, and it was a night and day difference. Shifts like butter now from 1st to 2nd.

· Premium Member
12,082 Posts
The one from Zekhausen is a CDV removal kit. It is basically just the outside shell of the OEM CDV with the delay mechanism removed. I just checked and bavauto seems to offer teh same thing, but I am not sure whether that is what you bought, or if you ended up just replacing your OEM CDV with the same thing.

My car had the CDV delete installed when I bouught it, but I can tell you that the shifting dynamics are very different compared to my E36 328i, which still has the CDV.

I really don't know what you mean by "bump and long push."

My real beef with the CDV is that when shifting from 1st to second, I would get an awful jerking often times. That is absolutely gone on my car with the CDV delete.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, when i said bump and long push i refer to :
if clutch gets off quickly the car is like it hit itself and i hear a noise coming from the rear, off course i assume this is because clutch should remain more time pushed and the long push refers to the clutch takes much more time than a regular carto shift smoth...

Now, i bought from bavauto.com , the Unlock valve, i guess it os the same item offered by Zeckhausen, but as i said the car shifts as before, shifting from 1st gear to 2nd still being not easy.

So, what do you think?? Should i try the Zeckhausen unlock valve??

· Premium Member
12,082 Posts
The CDV delete is not designed to make shifting easier. In fact, the CDV comes with the car from the factory to keep n00bs who don't know how to shift from wearing out their clutch. The delete is for those who don't want to be babysat and who know how how to time their shifts properly. For people who just want to drop the clutch during shifts and don't make any effort to match revs, the CDV may end up giving worse results.

I know AlpineSix&Seven has the CDV delete on his M3. Perhaps he got it from bavauto. His experience has been the same as bimmerguy82's and mine -- good.

Good luck.

· Registered
6,064 Posts
I Didn't buy eather on just pulled it out to be hoest I think tose things are a waste... just pull it out and connect the line to the slave cylinder directly... a bump and push... sounds like your letting your cutch out to fast for the amout of gas your giving it... I'm just guessing as bump and push to me is the car jerks forward for a second then begins to pull smoothly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.