·
Registered
1,090 Posts
1995 325is coupe
Jet black?/grey

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drive a 1995 320i SE Automatic. Metalic Black. Anyone elso from the UK?

·
Registered
388 Posts
'03 Range Rover... no bimmers in the family currently, unless u consider the Range Rover a Bimmer...

EDIT:
Woops jus figured out that this is the 3series board.... :banghead sry guys my bad! (god damn u home without 2nd subject line!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
1995 325iS
\Manual\
Black on Black

Washed it today... Needs work though, I think.
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
alpine white - 1998 323is automatic, totally stock.... except for fresh front M3 controll arm bushings (GOD THOSE HELPED SO MUCH!!!) and a debaffled airbox

EDIT: Sagan, Paint your lower bumpers and remove the grey from your sideskirts. Check out some links on this page: HUGE LIST of E36 Do It Yourself tutorials
IMO, clearcorners look good on a black car (depending on the kind you get, you can make it look much worse by getting a crappy looking one), but I'm not too partial on putting them on any other body color.
Maybe a nice, deep, non-reflective window tint?

Edit again: If you havn't already done this, some new M3 bushings (rtab, control arm) and E46 rear shockmounts (yes, E46, same as E36 but they are beefier) can help out a whole lot, a fresh alignment always feels good too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting... I've considered tinting, but it's a shit load of money to have it done right, and the legal limit in Illinois sucks. To paint the front bumper and the rear bumper and side skirts is 600 bucks, which I dont have right now. I have a friend who has a 92 white 325i and he got some shitty white corners (his GF bought them for him as a gift, so he cant replace them). Give me some links if you can on the better buys. (Ebay). Also I like the euro headlights, wanna lose the shitty plastic covers, and also want the angel eyes (Red). Yet... it's a lot of money i dont have right now. The grey on that side doesnt bother me. Look at this pic though. I think I might just get it repainted to stock for now. :-/
I am interested in the bushings though, how much we talking price wise and is the change significant?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
If the bushings are used and worn, then yes, it's a *VERY VERY* significant improvement in overall handling, otherwise, it's not much of an "upgrade". Price, well, maybe 25$ a bushing, but if a mechanic does it, labor's going to get you. Takes a good 4 hours or so to change all of them by a guy who knows what he’s doing. The reason for M3 bushings instead of stock replacements is because they don’t fail as soon as the stock bushings do and are generally of better quality than the standard E36 ones. My mechanic said the right front one was really bad when I got him to replace mine, and after the replacement it was like the car was brand new again with 90,000 miles on it.
Rear trailing arm bushings (RTAB) supposedly should be replaced at around 80,000 miles, which I haven’t done yet and I know I need to. You can tell if the RTAB bushings may need replacing if the car wants to fishtail when you take turns and it feels the back end is sort of loose or like you have a little bit of rear wheel steering.
So if all the bushings aren’t worn and the car drives fine for you, you may not need to worry about it. If you have the time, you can do all this yourself with some jack stands and a few tools you can rent. I went the mechanic route because my father would pay for it as a reword for something and since I was going to be gone for a week anyways.

note: if you do replace bushings or disassemble & reassemble any major suspinsion component, you need an alignment afterwards.

EDIT: LCA bushings article with pictures n' stuff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well....shit...heh.
The car had 99000 miles on it when i bought it and is up to about 102000, Original Clutch, exhaust, ORIGINAL EVERYTHING!. Which probobly means I need a COMPLETE upgrade etc.
I think the clutch is going...only because i cant burn out, as much as i try. Also the exhaust is going, smells like sulphur inside the car when at idle for LONG periods of time.
I probobly need the damn bushings though. And... I can do a lot of things on a car without professional help. Suspension and my actual drivetrain is NOT one of those things. Also with the damn ASC light and the ABS light comming on.. I feel a big bimmer bill comming up pretty soon, along with the god damn oil change.

*sigh* I'm a little zoned, its about 1 AM and this repair bill is just hitting me now. :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by Sagan@Jun 13 2004, 09:35 PM
Interesting... I've considered tinting, but it's a shit load of money to have it done right, and the legal limit in Illinois sucks. To paint the front bumper and the rear bumper and side skirts is 600 bucks, which I dont have right now. I have a friend who has a 92 white 325i and he got some shitty white corners (his GF bought them for him as a gift, so he cant replace them). Give me some links if you can on the better buys. (Ebay). Also I like the euro headlights, wanna lose the shitty plastic covers, and also want the angel eyes (Red). Yet... it's a lot of money i dont have right now. The grey on that side doesnt bother me. Look at this pic though. I think I might just get it repainted to stock for now. :-/
I am interested in the bushings though, how much we talking price wise and is the change significant?
calling on skaw to do some magic on his gray sideskirts and bumpers....

1 - 20 of 74 Posts