BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what would be a good upgrade to give my 2003 X5 3.0i a good boost of horsepower? I'm gonna get a cool air intake and a new chip. But any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
6 Posts
try a throttle body spacer, maybe even instead of the ari intake. the throttle body spacer swirls the air going into the intake manifold, making better use of the air already travelling to the engine. you will aslo see an increase in gas mileage as well as a approx. 10% boost in hp.

i have a jeep and have tried both the throttle body spacer and an intake. when in combination with each other they let too much air in tripping my sensors.

i am planning on purchasing an x5 in june but i havent test driven either 3.0 or 4.4. is the 3.0 underpowered? i like a good takeoff

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
get a s/c from AA or somethin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 3.0 isn't underpowered at all, im just looking to give it some more action. With the steptronic in 1st gear you get a really good kick off the start. You can definately feel it.

The 2003 i have has the Steptronic Shifting. ANd im guessing all the models have the steptronic i beleive.

S/C as in Supercharger. Yea ive thought about getting one but dont have like 6,000 bucks to spend...........................yet ; )

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by RFredeking@Jan 25 2004, 09:26 PM
The 3.0 isn't underpowered at all, im just looking to give it some more action. With the steptronic in 1st gear you get a really good kick off the start. You can definately feel it.

The 2003 i have has the Steptronic Shifting. ANd im guessing all the models have the steptronic i beleive.

S/C as in Supercharger. Yea ive thought about getting one but dont have like 6,000 bucks to spend...........................yet ; )
intake, exhaust,chip

·
Registered
486 Posts
I personally like the 4.4L X5!! My mom has one and I drove it as my car for a good 4 months before I got my 5 series!! It has nice kick to it and its a 2002 I think or maybe even a 01 but it has trictronic shifting!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by e36_332i_s52@Jan 25 2004, 10:28 PM
intake, exhaust,chip
Yea I wanna take it over to Dinan and get some stuff too...

Yea the 4.4 has a bigger kick, but a gas guzzler...I enjoy the 3.0 but would take the 4.4 : )

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah i think ill hold back on the "Nawssssssss" LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAHHAAHAHA.....If i put some TYPE-R and TYPE-S I may get 10+HP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts