BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am driving my steering wheel shakes around 40-45 mph then stops after I get up to speed some...The wheel tends to shake pretty bad when I brake also after going above 50 or so...I have been told by numerous people that this is my brake rotors being warped...So I am in the market for some new inexpensive but reliable cross drilled or slotted rotors! I have been looking at the ones from BMP and Bav Auto, they seem to be decently priced around 59-79 each, I don't really care about a big brake kit or anything just wanna upgrade what is wrong...Are both of these choices good? Is there something better for the price? Now that I think of it I could check with one of my distributors on getting some brembro's for my car...I will check into that but I need some help deciding from people who may have some of these brands...Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
263 Posts
how much do brembo brake pads and rotors cost?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Scarface@Nov 27 2003, 04:01 PM
When I am driving my steering wheel shakes around 40-45 mph then stops after I get up to speed some...The wheel tends to shake pretty bad when I brake also after going above 50 or so...I have been told by numerous people that this is my brake rotors being warped...So I am in the market for some new inexpensive but reliable cross drilled or slotted rotors! I have been looking at the ones from BMP and Bav Auto, they seem to be decently priced around 59-79 each, I don't really care about a big brake kit or anything just wanna upgrade what is wrong...Are both of these choices good? Is there something better for the price? Now that I think of it I could check with one of my distributors on getting some brembro's for my car...I will check into that but I need some help deciding from people who may have some of these brands...Thanks for any help!
When you go 40-50mph the steering wheel start to shake then when you pass 50 or so it stops now that’s not the rotors that’s because one or more of your wheel balancer has fallen off the wheel so you need to get it balanced again. As far as the shake when you push the brake that is a warped rotor.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Drilled and Slotted would be the best. You can get them from Bavauto pretty cheap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts