BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have been looking into this some and the answer isn't popping out at me or I am just blind and can't see the similarity to anything. So the question: What is this trim? I have looked at as many examples of E39 trims as possible and nothing in any light or from any angle strikes me as a match. Anyone go an answer for me? It is much appreciated if you do ;)

The closest thing I have seen is Birch Anthracite, but mine doesn't have the earthy brown tone in it is more of a straight across grain...but the colors minus the brown are similar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
looks like maybe and aftermarket rosewood, i know of several places that use the factory trim pieces to build aftermarket kits. have you tried taking it off to maybe find a part number?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not gone that far. I could I suppose though. I am always hesitant taking anything off if it isn't needed, I am afraid I might break something. Ha. Not really seeing any black/grey rosewood trims out there though.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. I am getting two different stories here. Left front door trim piece had pn 51418172031. This number pulls up on realoem as cubic. This part number is also listed as technical graphite in several lists. I have seen people say that cubic is the very very very base trim offered on the car, and many say that technical graphite is a very rare option that was only offered on 528i sports. Puzzled now. Any insight?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts