BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how to explain/describe it...but i was installin a subwoofer in my trunk (1990 525i) and while i was busy pullin up carpet left and right i saw all these plugs that look like PC serial cables, a single black box mounted to the top of the trunk, and alot of other unplugged cables. Anybody have any idea what these are for???

....i'd do a search but i'm not exactly sure what to search for :idea2

In all the carnage i knocked out the metal plate that keeps the rear armrest from pushing into the trunk :lol: :thumbs

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
do you have any pics? if so i can identify it

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
if you dont have a factory cd changer, most likely thats what they are for...

that armrest - lol - i did that when i installed my sub ( i figured itd be a-ok since it comes knocked out from the factory when you have the ski bag option) and then my armrest was sagging a bit :lol: so i made a metal bracket thing to hold it up.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Also they are usually prewired for cell phone (although the wiring is now outdated for today's phones)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll try to take some pics soon..i need batteries for my digicam....man batteries are outragously expensive...sort of

and nope its not the CD changer....might be for the cell phone...

as for the armrest. I kinda just wedged the metal plate back in there...all mangled up from the crow bar :devil

·
Captain... Savvy ?
2,194 Posts
All Audio modules are installed in the rear opposite the battery...
These items include - CD/DVD/SATNAV, Amplifier, BT etc... Assuming that your car has these facilities/extras !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts