BMW Werkz banner

What are the Top Ten inexpensive E36 mods?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  docrobot 
#1 ·
I just got my new '92 325i with 120,000 miles on it. I bought it from a banker, and he wanted the car for it's looks, not it's power so the car is bone stock except for the K&N Filter. B)

I will shortly upgrade to synthetic oil in the Engine, 5 Speed, and Diff, as I live in Alberta Canada where it often goes way below freezing this time of the year.

This is my daily driver, so I don't want to turbo or super the engine then deal with the snow and ice around here. I am just looking for nice, effective mods that will perk up the car inexpensively. As well, (since this is my first BMW) I don't which parts, and more importantly; which brands to pick up. :help

I am guessing at a new Chip, intake, exhaust, short shifter, etc., but I'm at a loss as to which are the best brand names. :dunno

What are the Top Ten inexpensive E36 mods that have worked for you? :idea2

#3 ·
Get bilstein shocks, with shorter springs, for lowering your car..... A good brand for exhaust system and sport headers will be RDSport's ( www.racingdynamics.com ) This is for newer 3 series (e46), but maybe there are tuning parts on eBay from this brand for the e36....... :cheers
Good luck!

#4 ·
I got a 92 325is wit 60K and ytou should do the same...

Chip-Jim Conforti...turnermotorsport.com
Intake-AutoZone...just buy a honda civic one and cut it....dont waste ur money on a brand name crap..
Clear corners and tail lights(M3 style)
lowering springs..or shocks if u want to spend the money
short shift..
and stage 3 clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.