BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm from Japan, and I'm not too much into english,
I have a 318 ti, the headlights look so old, so I went to ebay to search for the new headlights. I happen to find an auction on BMW headlight eyelids, I don't know if I can buy that one to replace the cover part of my headlights, as you already know, the thing the cover the light bulbs that make the headlights look old.
I just wonder if the headlight eye lids means the front cover of the headlight.
If so, how can we replace it? I look into my headlight and I see it's sealed with the black parts,
Any ideas, Please help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Welcome aboard acousticvan!! B)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Welcome to the gang, acousticvan!

I got a pair of those eyelids for my e39, they are not what you are looking for. Eyelids are just small strips of plastic about an inch wide that run along the top edge of your headlight lens covers for cosmetic purposes only. You should be able to view pictures of the eyelids on ebay.

I think you have to replace the whole headlight assembly and not just the lens cover...I'm not too sure. Reason I say that is coz' I have not seen any lens covers for sale on ebay.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome!

do you have glass housing headlights in japan? if not then getting some glass ellipsoids would solve your problem (around 300-400 USD). eyelids just go on top of your existing headlights covering up a little of the top

->moving to E36

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
yep, or you could spend a little more than that (500-600) and get a good brand name headlight with ellipsoids and angel eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts