BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ought to be an interesting ride!... Bought a new (03) M3 today. Alpine white vert, 6sp...

Coming from the big-block ('vette) side of the world this is taking some getting used to! Two totally different cars...

B&B

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
you'll love it, i'm sure you already do but it gets better every day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all... Take delivery from dealer next week and in a week will let you know if its working out for me. Gotta love the back seat in a sports car though - solves a lot of single parent problems!!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
make sure you post pics when you get it

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by the///man@Nov 21 2003, 04:36 PM
quite a car it is...i can vouch for that, try one of those racing starts or whatever bmw calls it...
you mean launch control? thats only for smg2 m3's.

congrats on the ride :thumbs

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
nice man welcome and cant wait for pics

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just turned 300 miles. Biggest thing I notice is that speed just creeps up on you. Just tooling along down the highway, look down and not even realize you are going 85+ (I think my spedo must be messed up)...

Handles like a dream - the most precise nimble car I have ever driven easily on par with the Z06.

Gas mileage is horrid - less than 11 mpg.... And I'm not really dogging it hard.

Did I mention how well it handled??

(really miss a good auto tranny...)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
nice sounds great. i love my ///M i know about that horrid gas mileage i was averaging 8-9 for about a month. i love how the beast handles as well. feel very connected to the road

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
good to hear you are enjoying the ride

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
depends on driving situations. i have gotten 24 mpg at 65 on the highway with cruise control on

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
i average mostly 13

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Nov 25 2003, 04:39 PM
i average mostly 13
are you kidding me? you must spend a fortune on gas. i get like 32 mpg :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This thing cracks me up... The first evening I took it home from the show room, driving down the interstate and all of a sudden a 35 flashes on the readout and I get the ding-ding tones. So, manuals are in the back seat, I'm doing like 75 so I cell the dealer - he says - "oh, thats only to warn you that at that temperature be careful, bridges may freeze over". HA.. what a hoot. Now I'm disappointed because every time I pass a good looking woman I look down at the panel expecting her phone number to flash up....

Mileage - Dealer said it will straighten out after 1-2 tank fulls of gas... Do miss the 30+ mpg I was getting in the C5...

Did I mention how well this thing handles?? A group of us tooling down I65 about 80 when about 300 yards up ahead a bomb explodes and a semi starts to shred a tire. Crap Everywhere. Literally looked like a meteor shower. At 80 mph we're all weaving everywhere. Looked like a bunch of women zipping from isle to isle at half-price red tag sale at Walmart. Everyone getting beaned everywhere - except yours truly, missed every single piece of rubber astroid...

Still can't figure out why the gas door automatically opens every time I pass a gas station though...??

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow+Nov 25 2003, 05:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Nov 25 2003, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lwebb12@Nov 25 2003, 04:39 PM
i average mostly 13
are you kidding me? you must spend a fortune on gas. i get like 32 mpg :lol: [/b][/quote]
yeah i fill her up about every week and a half 18 gallon tank which is about 275 miles at 13.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"yeah i fill her up about every week and a half 18 gallon tank which is about 275 miles at 13. "

You can bet mine will get better than 13 - or there will be a puff of smoke in my garage where it used to be parked.

My corvette romped hard got high teens/low 20's. Driven on highway was 30. My Turbo Z's were mid - high 20's. The M3 just doesn't have all that much power to justify low teens....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts