BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car had been sitting a couple days, because i was out of town, it didnt get real cold, dont even think past freezing, plus it was in the garage, i get home to today and start it up and it sounded pretty bad, almost a puttering type of sound and it took longer to start up, i was alittle nervous so i drove around a bit then started it back up at the house and it sounded a bit better, but still didnt seem normal. Is it normal to sound like this after sitting 2-3 days?? Do i have a bad something in my engine???

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Not starting the same after 3 days of nonuse is typical in colder weather. My car has had its fits in warm weather when its been left alone for a few days. I wouldn't worry about it, just take it easy until it returns to normal.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mine always acts weird after it sits for awhile.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i occasionally get the same thing.. but only when is cold out.. It actually happened this morning when i started it up, was sittin out all night in 4 degree weather ;p

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a weird startup when it was cold out. Ususally the problem starts at about 40 degrees. When i had my Jim Conforti Chip software installed it would rev the engine 5 or 6 times right when i started it. I fixed the problem by replacing the chipped software with the stock by doing a resore with my shark injector. Its a damn good thing you can go back to stock since it rarely gets above 5 degrees farenheight here. Last week it was -35F one night :goodness: You know its cold when your engine block has frozen over and all you hear is a slight clicking...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes Ive had a similar problem. It occurs mostly when I used crap petrol. I always stick to Shell now.

The problem (I think) is because in the cold, condensation forms when the car starts. The fuel gets a bit watery - its possibly coming from the pipeline and/or tank as well.

I revved it up a bit and it was perfect! I then drove to the nearest Shell for a fill up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might try adding some drygas or one of those fuel cleaners. I used to have a problem with my mercedes when it rained really heavily for a while there was a leak somewhere and water was getting into the fuel. I added stp or drygas and it cleared up the problem.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
all cars are like that...dont' sweat it broham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts