BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why there would be water in the driver's footwell. At first glance, it didn't appear to be serious. On cleaning the car, I did notice a very damp sponge flooring in the driver's side only. It took hours trying to clean/dry it out using the internal car's heaters.

I have noticed that the down bar inside the car (the one that supports the front windscreen) is damp sometimes when it rains. I'm not sure where to look?

I have a 1992 (J) E36 325i M50 BMW.

Many Thanks
MAK

·
Registered
165 Posts
slide the sunroof back and check that there are no leaves, dirt or other obstructions in the drains. could also be your windshield, do you have any wind noise? I would also check the evaporator drains under the car, they are located on either side of the trans. just rubber hoses sticking straight down, they get clogged with road debris, leaves and such. HTH

·
Registered
21 Posts
What njtech mentioned are all possibilities. another possibility, depending on the age of the car, that I had which took nearly a year to find is a rust spot in the firewall of the car. The wall that seperates the engine compartment with the passenger compartment....

good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
another is loose door vapor barriors i know this because i have the same problem when it rains my floor fills up with water

1 - 4 of 4 Posts