BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was having oil in water and water in oil so I changed my head gasket only to find that there wasnt anything wrong with my old gasked or head infact...

Now I have put it back together and I'm getting water in the oil again...

What are your thoughts? :banghead

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
have a good look at the head itself? maybe a crack on the collant passages you didnt see..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem I have is that the head is already below skimming level so if it needed skimming I couldnt as it seems to have been done before, but I'm sure it doesn't need skimming... I couldnt see any cracks in the head...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there an oil cooer on a 1990 E34 525iSE
Thats the only other place I can think of that the oil would meet the water...

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Usually oil coolers don't involve water at all. They usually run an oil line to a seperate radiator (small) that has only oil circulating in it and colls it with air, just like the normal radiator does for the antifreeze. I'm thinking something internally either with the coolant passages or something warped around the head gasket.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
yeah dude sooner is right..

i strongly reccomend you pull that head and have the machine shop check it..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Many times the head can have a crack that you will never see unless it is pointed out to you. Some you can't see due to where they are. There are thicker head gaskets you can use if need be, but if the head is beyond repair,you'll need another head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts