BMW Werkz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new on this forum................. :goodness: ........so I don't know everything........

I have a problem with my beemer........... there's coolingfluid in the motoroil....
what must I do?????????????? HELP!!!

Greetzzzz Pieter

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by dutchbmw@Dec 30 2003, 10:05 PM
Hello, I'm new on this forum................. :goodness: ........so I don't know everything........

I have a problem with my beemer........... there's coolingfluid in the motoroil....
what must I do?????????????? HELP!!!

Greetzzzz Pieter
get it straight to a garage, if you have water in your engine oil, its most probably your head gasket has gone......

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
ya you have blown your head gasket if you have coolent in your oil or vice versa. get it towed to the mechanics, or you can further hurt your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
could that happen when overrevving hte engine??

Stefan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H22A Powered Accord

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by dutchaccord@Dec 30 2003, 05:35 PM
could that happen when overrevving hte engine??

Stefan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H22A Powered Accord
If done repeatedly under poor circumstances (ie; car not warmed up properly, etc), but usually head gaskets just wear out. Regular maintenence will help extend the life of it, but as with anything else, they deteroriate over time and eventually need to be replaced.

Doing it ASAP is definitely a smart idea.

·
Registered
41 Posts
look at the water in your radiator and if there is a milky colour or alot of oil residue then your head gasket is gone, keep on driving it and you will be sorry :devil

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx everyone for your advise on what to do. Last month i did some overrevving while racing against dutchaccord......... (I lost :banghead )
Maybe, instead of fixing the 2.5 engine i'll swap it with a 2.8 litre VANOS engine? If there's anyone that has information about this swap, let me know!

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by dutchaccord+Dec 31 2003, 02:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dutchaccord @ Dec 31 2003, 02:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dutchbmw@Dec 31 2003, 01:58 PM
while i raced against dutchaccord......... (I lost :banghead )
LOL can't mess with a 2.2 VTEC :eek:uch [/b][/quote]
NOT for long............ :p

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
to replace it with a 2.8 you will need to upgrade other parts to OBDII specs or it will not work. If you want it becasue of VANOS, the 325 had it starting in 93 or 94.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by El Presidente@Dec 31 2003, 08:36 PM
to replace it with a 2.8 you will need to upgrade other parts to OBDII specs or it will not work. If you want it becasue of VANOS, the 325 had it starting in 93 or 94.
What are the OBDII specs?? Where can i find information about it, or do you know something about it???

I want dutchaccord very small in my rearmirror!!! :sprint:

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
OBD (on-board diagnostics) II uses more senors and stores information such as faults and problems. Im not too knowelegeable on the differences in OBDI and II, but I do know that doing anything to or with an OBDII engine is much harder than OBDI. Because your car is OBDI, it may not have all the senors required for the OBDII ECU to run the engine correctly. Basically, you may have to spend more money on useless parts if all you want the 2.8 for is VANOS.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jan 1 2004, 04:18 PM
OBD (on-board diagnostics) II uses more senors and stores information such as faults and problems. Im not too knowelegeable on the differences in OBDI and II, but I do know that doing anything to or with an OBDII engine is much harder than OBDI. Because your car is OBDI, it may not have all the senors required for the OBDII ECU to run the engine correctly. Basically, you may have to spend more money on useless parts if all you want the 2.8 for is VANOS.
I shall thinking about the more costs when i'm ordering the new engine........ hopefully it isn't too expensive........ :dunno

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ok, first of all i suggest buying the M50/M52 325 engine. If you buy the vanos M52 engine you can drop M3 cams in there and substantially more horsepower. You will basically smoke your friend. If you have an automatic, buy a manual - you will spank him. There's a lot of little things you can do to gain more power.. but in the end it will cost you a lot of $$$$. He can get sooo more horsepower with the same amount of money you spend to compete with him. Anyway, that's not the point, take him through curvies and you'll own him. You car is not made to race in a straight line. (neither is the honda)

as for the headgasket... if you see white smoke coming from your tailpipes.. it's wasted. if coolant constantly drains from the resevoir.. it's wasted. If you notice your car's power is not what it used to be, it might be low compression.. and bad headgasket

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you want a good inline 6 expect to pay:

325 (nonvanos) - 500-700 (with lots of miles)
325 (vanos) - 700 - 4 figs easy (with moderate milage)
328 - 1-2500 (good miles)
3.0 or 3.2 M3 engine - (at least 2-3k) (moderately low miles)

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by BMWg84@Jan 3 2004, 03:03 PM
Ok, first of all i suggest buying the M50/M52 325 engine. If you buy the vanos M52 engine you can drop M3 cams in there and substantially more horsepower. You will basically smoke your friend. If you have an automatic, buy a manual - you will spank him. There's a lot of little things you can do to gain more power.. but in the end it will cost you a lot of $$$$. He can get sooo more horsepower with the same amount of money you spend to compete with him. Anyway, that's not the point, take him through curvies and you'll own him. You car is not made to race in a straight line. (neither is the honda)

as for the headgasket... if you see white smoke coming from your tailpipes.. it's wasted. if coolant constantly drains from the resevoir.. it's wasted. If you notice your car's power is not what it used to be, it might be low compression.. and bad headgasket
Is the 328i engine not good for the m3 camshafts? I should think the 2.8 is a better engine (with VANOS) for straight line 'battles'. The specs just say 7.9 seconds to 60 for the 325i and 7.2 s for the 328i! Then the accord couldn't beat me again :poke What about prices, I get a 328i block for about 900 euro ($1150), with good milage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts