BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wash my car once a week. How often does everyone here wash their car? How long does it take you? Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
at least once a week. sometimes two. but this week i haven't been driving the car so it won't need a wash :)
my neighbors think i am psycho because i wash the car more than i wash myself. oops too much information. :ph34r:

the wash ususally takes about 1.5 hrs (includes tire refinishing). if i detail and wax, add another 2-3 hrs. but that is usually no more than once a month.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
atleast once a week. usually wash once a week, dust everyday, and rims every few days or so. a wash for me takes about 2-3 hours. dusting takes i would say 20mins and for the rims, it takes me about 20-30mins (including tire dressing)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you use to dust?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
if the car is "strictly" dusty (like pollen etc, this does not mean dirty) i use one of those swiffer micro pocket dry cloths. I do it very very gently and let the cloth do the work. One cloth can pick up a whole car amount of dust.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i wash my car like once a month during the summer. wax it 2-3 times a year. take me 2-3 minutes to wash my car. about 40 to wax it. maybe when i get a better car i'll take better care of it

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
i wash the viper once a day ahhahahahhaa :confused

·
Registered
429 Posts
Originally posted by DesmoBob@Jul 18 2003, 03:50 PM

my neighbors think i am psycho because i wash the car more than i wash myself. oops too much information. :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: hahahha...I usually try to wash it once a week hmm it takes about 2 hrs or so

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I Don't Wash anymore...

I Use Meguiar's Quick Detailer... It Preserves the wax coating :wave

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by L337E46@Jul 29 2003, 12:40 AM
I Don't Wash anymore...

I Use Meguiar's Quick Detailer... It Preserves the wax coating :wave
:werd:

i just bought 2 bottles of that this past weekend.

·
Registered
878 Posts
can anyone recommend a good site to purchase car washing/detail stuff from? i like bavarian autohaus....but i was wondering if there was somewhere that is specifically good at selling the stuff and specializes in cleaning.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I do not really care about the outside of my car...at the time....I just want to keep the inside of it nice.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Jul 30 2003, 06:10 PM
I do not really care about the outside of my car...at the time....I just want to keep the inside of it nice.
then, i use Lexol leather conditioner for my leather seats.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by AZ325Ci+Jul 30 2003, 03:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZ325Ci @ Jul 30 2003, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Asio@Jul 30 2003, 06:10 PM
then, i use Lexol leather conditioner for my leather seats. [/b][/quote]
Cool I will have to pic some up for my seats. :p thx

·
Registered
878 Posts
if you are going to get the cleaner by lexol...you might as well get the conditioner as well. it adds to the effect.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I used to work at a car lot so I learned how to do alot of different things and I learned how to do them fast but still doing a good job..My car takes about 20 minutes...I get my bucket filled up, get my wash mitt or my wash rags ready, rinse the car, raise the wipers, then start from the roof, then each windshield, then all the side windows, then the trunk and the rear of the car, then the hood and the front, then the sides of the car...then i rinse, wet my rims down good, and wash them last...i hate that part! then i dry the whole car with my chamois! after that i dress my tires, i like alot of bling on them but i wipe them down good the keep from flinging onto my car...i love this tire dressing called "super blue" that smells like cotton candy...cant buy it in stores its very well known around all the detail shops around here...i use it on the inside on my dash and stuff sometimes too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
what about that meguiars cleaner/polish/wax all in one? is that not an good as polishing then waxing in 2 seperate steps?

·
Registered
878 Posts
i am by no means an expert, but my experience...with anything, has been the "two/three in ones" are never quite as good. it seems to me that you would get a half assed job out of that...at least compared to doing all the seperate steps yourself. i haven't tried that stuff though, but i have been hesitant to use it. also...i don't think you want to use polish on your entire car. my understanding is that you only use it on your superficial scratches. :dunno

1 - 20 of 26 Posts