BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so you know how some girls are like...hmm..hidden beauties? like the girl who looks like a geek but when she lets her hair down and takes off her glasses she's a fox? well that kind of describes the state of my bimmer. She's a size 2 dressing in size 7 clothes.

shit enough with the metaphors already.

my car needs a really nice wax and clean, and i was wondering what you guys (and gals) would suggest for materials. i'm not looking to spend a ton, because its december here and the winter should be rough, i'm just kind of looking to have her look real nice so that when i go to car washes i can maintain the looks

·
Registered
32 Posts
As a fellow New Englander I know where your coming from. As a matter of fact it's snowing out as I type this.

I use Collinite waxes for the protection we need for the sand ans salt that gets caked on our cars.
This wax wont wash off at the car wash and does look nice!
I also use the Collinite on my wheels to protect them too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, this winder is supposed to be bad. Something with the angle of the maple leaves or something...
Anyways, use synthetic waxes and try to park it in a garage or at least a carport. Megurias SynWax is good stiff IMHO. Everyone has their preference so you will get lots of different recomendations.
Wash once per week if driven on salty roads. Just the $2.00 rinse will do, but hit the undercarriage too. Good rhyme.
cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
SpooldUp said:
Yeah, this winder is supposed to be bad. Something with the angle of the maple leaves or something...
Anyways, use synthetic waxes and try to park it in a garage or at least a carport. Megurias SynWax is good stiff IMHO. Everyone has their preference so you will get lots of different recomendations.
Wash once per week if driven on salty roads. Just the $2.00 rinse will do, but hit the undercarriage too. Good rhyme.
cheers
That woul be Mothers, not Meguiars.....No bad for OTC, but better products are usually available through online sources......

·
Registered
477 Posts
I stand corrected. Thank you glasses-monkey dude. I haven't busted the bottle out in several months because i need a warm place to spread the love.

What online sources exactly? - for next spring.

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
ok so heres the dealio...i do this 3-4 times a year

1) Wash car with dawn to remove all wax, oils, grease etc...
2) Clay bar the car THuROUGHLY(mothers)
3) Dawn again
4) Wet buff with orbital buffer and sponge bonnet(soak the sponge bonnet in water then wax)Meguairs Professional Grade Cleaner wax and let dry, then remove with clean terry cloth bonnet
5) Wet buff again with a new foam bonnet and Meguairs Prof. Grade Yellow Wax and let dry, then remove with clean terry cloth bonnet
6) Wash with Meguairs Gold Glass
7) Chamois Dry with REAL CHAMOIS
8) Collect the women flocking to your car
9) At all costs avoid car washes

thats how i keep 20 year old paint looking like this

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
20 year old paint is a lot harder than the new auto paint/clear coat being used now. I would be a bit more gentle on my paint. Weekly wash, monthly wax, twice yearly detailing. Clay bar more often if needed. Then wax after.

Rejex applied every three months seems to do the trick for some. Check it out. http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts