BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

I just bought a 1995 325is with 76,000 miles. It's got a Dinan chip (is there a stage 2 engine management system?), Dinan CAI and M3 wheels (+ new Pilot Sports) & M3 body mods. Next up is the exhaust, and I've heard that a stock M3 exhaust provides almost the same flow benefits as aftermarket systems like supersprint ($$$), Dinan ($$$) and Borla.

So I'm looking for a relatively low-mileage E36 M3 exhaust. If you put a nice new catback on yours and you have your old exhaust sitting around, this is your chance to get some money.

Any opinions on whether this is an ok way to go? The car feels quick; I believe Dinan's claim of 214hp/210tq. I want to keep with the M3 look, particularly if the stock M3 exhaust is close to the aftermarkets, I know I can get one relatively cheaply. I could also go with Stromung (approx.) $675 shipped.

thanks

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
hey if you are willing to spend 675 on stromung that is as expensive as they get..... The stock M3 exhaust on your 325is will not improve the sound noticibly, weighs more, and actaully losses power to your car....

Try to find a used aftermarket exhaust system if you want to save money....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I'm going to put an M3 exhaust on and see what happens. I got it for $100 plus shipping, so I can't really go wrong. I don't know about it being heavier than my stock 325 exhaust, and how can it make the car slower if it has better flow? With the intake I would imagine anything less restrictive is going to help. My buddy's got an M3 exhaust on his '92 and says it helped somewhat with throttle response and power.

The exhaust is 2.25" I think, meaning it's not so big that it saps torque by not providing any backpressure...

explanation?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts