BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok right now i have a chipped 99.5 audi a4 1.8t. the car is nice and all but its a slow pig. i was looking into getting and M3 next summer (2004). because i dont know too much about BMW's i thought i would throw this question out to yall. which year/ model shold i get that's under $14k, is reliable, fast, and tunable.

thanks fellas.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
under 14 ehhh.... Thats really really low for any m3 and my advise is don't go below a 96, thats what I was told.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
ummm, thats a little low but it also could possibly depend on where you live. I recomend you search on autotrader.com. Here is a search.... Click!
I did that on a search for across the us so that will bring you some average prices. Search up your area code also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How much do you expect to pay in the us for m3's.I have just bought a 1996 with 45k miles for £12000.i dont know what that is in$$$$.It seems a lot more expensive though! :cry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks but the w36 is the way to go? are they fast..do yall have 1/4 mile times and/or 0-60 times for it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get a nice '95 like timsev said. They have the obd1 software wich provides better gains for mods. They are only a 3.0 as apposed to the '96-'99's 3.2, but if you plan to mod you will get alot better gains out of the 95. You should be able to find a pretty decent one for the price you want. If you can try and find one that has had the water pump replaced with a metal propeller. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts