BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

A simple newbie question. I have a 1987 325e and want to put wide/big tires on it. Right now it has 195/65/14 tires on it. How wide can I go, anyone know?

Thanks a ton!!!

:driving

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well actually you can go as far as 18' wheels but you would need rubberband tires and its a rough ride, ideally I would put on some 17' wheels with maybe a 225 45 17s. If your car is lowered you can still use the same size and it will look really bad ass especailly if you get some wheels with a deep dish.... :yup. Well good luck and post a pic after you get your wheels. :driving

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
keep 195s in the back and put 205s in the front that way you get good oversteer. 205s all around on this car gives understeer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both, but what if I want to leave the 14 inch rims on it for now? What size tires would you go with? Eventually I would like to go with larger wheels, but for now that is a little too much for what I am having done to it currently. :nope

Thanks again!!

:driving

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i'm sure who ever you buy the tires from can tell you exactly what can and cant fit, but i think the max (without modification, and stock ride height) is 225 width. some people say they get a little bit of rubbing when they go over large dips or turn the wheel to lock with 225's, with lowering springs that is. but i would think 225's would be ok with no more than a 1.5" drop if you plan on lowering your car or modifying the suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts