BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a strong vibration coming from the area where the shifter sits. It only happens on a cold start and lasts until it has been driven about 10 miles. The vibration gets much worse on a left turn and practically disappears on a right turn. I'm guessing it could be cause by a bearing of some sort being that it goes away over time (greasing itself and such.) It's been getting worse over the past few months and I'm hoping its not too hard to fix. Any suggestions on what it might be? Thanks in advance.

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
I've been having a strong vibration coming from the area where the shifter sits. It only happens on a cold start and lasts until it has been driven about 10 miles. The vibration gets much worse on a left turn and practically disappears on a right turn. I'm guessing it could be cause by a bearing of some sort being that it goes away over time (greasing itself and such.) It's been getting worse over the past few months and I'm hoping its not too hard to fix. Any suggestions on what it might be? Thanks in advance.
I would check the trans cross mount.......& bushing!

RealOEM.com BMW E36 328i Gearbox suspension

jb :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, thanks torque, I'll check that out JB, thanks for the suggestion. The only thing about that is I can't see how that would only vibrate under a cold start and dissipate as it warms up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts