BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be great if we could compile a list of components that can be removed inoorder to gain power by reduceing overall weight to the vehicle
what are some Ideas?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
start with........ back seat, passenger seat, airconditioning, spare tire, all audio equipment, trunk tool kit, all door skins, and linning, for roof, and floor, put smaller rims and wheels on, remove foglights. strip all interior and exterior soundproofing, remove sunroof motor, all power window motors and door locks, change body pieces to carbon fibre, change all glass to plastic or plex- glass. remove muffler for straight pipe, change engine components to a lighter aluminum or something of that nature....ummmm cant think of many more, either way, not many of those options sound like id wanna sacrifice but hey to each his own, but that will reduce some serious weight. you can figure out what will save more wieght than others.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Unless you are gonna do some serious racing, stick with what you have, maybe just buy a new hood and take out the seats (Back+Passanger). That is if you wanna still be comfertable everyday.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
theres some percentage about all this, i think its like for every hundred pounds you take off the car you gain 1% more hp or something..im not sure if that right, someone correct me

·
Registered
195 Posts
You will feel more advantage in streering since the car is lighter!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes i am not a noobie anymore!!!!

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
your still a noobie to me ramzizaz :lol:

and ..the ///man that percentage sounds kinda off, and you arent gaining horsepower your only changing the power to weight ratio,

·
Registered
569 Posts
For every 100 pounds you shed from your car, you shave a tenth of a second off of your 1/4 mile time....

·
Registered
195 Posts
The true advantage though is that you will handel better, that is why you want a light car!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts